If you’re like me and are a little clumsy in the morning before your coffee, you might accidentally purchase a song, video, or other media from the iTunes store. Back in version 8, there was an option to use a shopping cart which eliminated this problem, but as of version 9, the shopping cart has been removed.
If you’ve made an error, contact iTunes support and they will likely reverse the charge. Follow these steps:
- Click on “Store” from the main menu of iTunes and choose “View My Account”
- Click on “Purchase History” from your Apple Account Information page
- Then click the “Report a Problem” button on the bottom of the page
- Find the erroneously purchased item and click the “Report a Problem” link to the right on the list of items
- Fill out the form and the iTunes staff will contact you
To potentially avoid these problems in the future:
- Click on “Store” from the main menu and choose “View My Account”
- Click on the “Reset Warnings” button from your Apple Account Information page
This will cause iTunes to at least ask for confirmation when you click a buy button.
Hope that helps!